Once In A Moment

There were times I was touched by so many beautiful minds. Within my people I found fertile moralities ready for the revolution. I don't know how the world should be, but I know it shouldn't be like it is, do we aspire for more. Dancing to the pipers fiddle, the young are marching for one terrorist or another and the first option is always war.
Now every time we met again your confusion ink's my pen. Toxic is your resolution, telling me we can change things from within. Like the devil you seek a damned companion, trying to swallow your own misgivings. Old friends, together we stood and fought for freedom. Now you pretend they don't own soul, cheaply you gave away your vision, and worthless paper bought you whole.
I can still see your anguish even if I was clinically blind. You ran out of faith and now its constantly pacing through your mind. Mental weakness sent you back to slavery, now you kneel and prostrate before the enemy. I pray to the heavens that my life never be riddle with contradictions, even if it means walking this path alone, somewhere along the line we became ignorant to reason.
Products of regurgitation, plastic smiles on a conveyor belt. We live in a world were lies, and miss-education turned glorified ignorance into something truly heartfelt. Somewhere deep within my essences I hope that I am mistaken. Held breath trying hard to survive suffocation. Wishing that my brothers and sisters hadn’t forgotten the mission. We all know corruption and inequity is a cancerous condition.

To be continued..........                             
 Hamza Egal © copyright2016 all rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somalia: The failings of negotiation protocols and the development of corruption

SOMALIA: The Need for Private Sector & Agricultural Engagement.

Self Inflicted Wounds