Chosen to Be Forgotten


Forgive me for my persistence, how else can I convince you of this urgency. When it’s easy for you to grab the remote and change your mind in an instance.

The world crumbles around us yet our consciousness is forever lethargic. Let your mind slumber, and let your body vegetate, it’s not one’s concern if another human’s life is tragic.

Addicted to the gentleness of doctored malice, your eyes shy away from the faces of the nemesis. Desperation of ignorance leads to an abyss that is deeper the human foolishness.

What do you see when you look at me? A young black man focused on pyramids of legacy? Or fuel for the fires of hate that consume me before they consume you?

Time's precession might be the reason for your unawareness but we all burn eventually. Flames never discriminate but man doesn't think before they perpetuate hate.

Syria, the chemicals in my water can’t allow me to shed a tear even though I feel your pain deep inside my liver. Debris buries the children and here on the tube they sell you an ornamented coffin.

In the west it costs a minimum of seven thousand pounds to bury a single person, the same amount in Africa would feed and educated twenty living children.

Don't worry the easy payment plan means even when you are buried and forgotten to your family you will remain a burden.

Do the math and tell me if we are not heading for oblivion, even in the grave they still demand taxation. Dead or alive you belong to the neoliberal plantation.

I don't know about you but I find myself in total confusion. Are we living in hell? because all this ignorance is like expecting heaven behind the devil’s door.

Charity is only for clothing of old, so we wait for next season before we help the homeless person sleeping on the frozen floor.

Every other day a new war, covert just doesn't cut anymore. Obsessed with the blood of the innocent. Because cannibalism is a right too, so long as it’s on our bones they chew.

The other day I received a call from a TV show producer, asking me questions about the disruptive new US order.

I said it doesn't make a difference when evil is all the same to me, and I have never known any lesser. Depending on the price the minority is always for sale or hire.

Western democracy was founded on white supremacy riding on the backs of my kin. Centuries later I still can’t freedom, peace or equity in my skin.

Can you blame me if I reserve the right to be by this society forgotten.

Hamza Egal © copyright 2016 all rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somalia: The failings of negotiation protocols and the development of corruption

SOMALIA: The Need for Private Sector & Agricultural Engagement.

Self Inflicted Wounds